Thursday, April 24, 2008

6 x 9 Savvy Side Splash


Ok, here we go! This is the first of my 6 x 9 themed pages for my daughters graduation. Just to break it down and make it simple for you, I decided on this size as it would be interesting and easy to accomplish. First I started out for this layout with my daughters graduation announcement. This is the base of the idea. I love starting with ideas from other projects.


I took TWO 3 x 3 white squares for the Side Splash on the scrapbook page. To me it means just starting with a block on the sides to start and then filling in the middle with your photos, or journal areas.


By using the Side Splash of squares, it totally grounded the page. It didnt matter what size the photos were, or the pieces of patterned paper, so long as the sides were balanced in this layout. This was important to me as I have tons of tiny photos in different sizes and this brings it all together in one place, but doesnt feel a bit mismatched!


Oh you just have to love those Miss Moxie papers! I know I do...

No comments: